Overall 2019 Champion : Stratos EFTHYVOULIDIS GRE-7
Don’t forget about the next regatta @ Aartalsee in Hessen, Germany on 24-25th of August.
Already 29 particpants!
NoR can be downloaded here
The Division II European Championship weekend was organized on the Heegermeer by WaterSportvereniging Heeg, in collaboration with the IWA (International Windsurfing Association) and the Division II Class Association. The Division II windsurf board is a former Olympic class from 1988 and 1992, with which Stephan van den Berg, among others, sailed the Olympic Games. Participants came from all over Europe and beyond, namely Greece, France, Great Britain, Germany, Canada, Poland, Belgium and the Netherlands. The international official and judge of the event, Bruno Marques, appointed by the IWA, came from Brazil.
In addition to a great series of 11 races, the participants are also treated to a fun program with a barbecue and a true eleven-city experience. On Saturday afternoon various participants surfed through Heeg to Watersportcamping Heeg, where after a beach start a competition was sailed over various pools and ditches behind Heeg.
In the end Petros Katsareas from Greece became European Champion in the A-class, the class with the traditional harness from 1988. Fellow Greek Chris Valavanis was second and Kay Buerger from Germany was third.
In the C-class with modern rigging, the Frenchman Alain Cadre has become European Champion. Irek Kutyla from Poland was second and Dutchman Vincent Thoms from Scheveningen finished in a deserving third place.
All pictures by Thamara Jurgen Putsies
More pictures here : https://www.facebook.com/D2EC2019/
The new calendar is out!
Already 9 regattas and 2 match races are booked for 2019
Calendar will be updated as new events are added
Division 2 class 2019 competition calendar
- Vintage Wind Slam and Division 2 Slovenian Nationals 24-25-26 May 2019 Zoo Station Velenje Slovenia. Ranking List coefficient 1,5
- Division 2 Gondrexange cup 25-26 May 2019 base nautique de Gondrexange ACAL France. Ranking List coefficient 1.
- Division 2 European Championships 29 May – 2 June 2019, Pharshoeke,Heeg, Netherlands. Ranking list coefficient 2
- ODSC, 30 June 2019 Aalsmeer Netherlands. Ranking List coefficient 1.
- Diaporos Regatta 2019, 5-6-7 July 2019, Vourvourou, Halkidiki Greece. Ranking List coefficient 1.
- Division II class and Formula, Getskärs Segelsällskap,10-11 August 2019, Getskär Sweden. Ranking List coefficient1.
- Piranja Race, 7-8 September 2019 Portoroz Slovenia. Ranking List coefficient 1.
- Thermaikos cup 2019, 20-21-22 September 2019 Thermaikos coast Thessaloniki Greece. Ranking List coefficient 1
- Chiemsee-Insel Marathon, 5-6 October 2019, Chiemsee Germany. Ranking List coefficient 1
Division 2 class Match Race 2019 competition calendar
- 2019 Division 2 Heeg Match Race Cup 2019, 28 May 2019, Pharshoeke,Heeg, Netherlands. Match Race Ranking List coefficient 1.
- Diaporos Regatta Match Race Cup 2019, 5 July 2019, Vourvourou Halkidiki Greece. Match Race Ranking List coefficient 1.
- Thermaikos Match Race Cup, 20 September 2019, Thermaikos coast Thessaloniki Greece. Match Race Ranking List coefficient 1
For the 2nd year in a row Stratos EFTHYVOULIDIS from Greece is the DIV 2 sailor of the year!
Photos credit : Piranja Yacht Club (https://www.facebook.com/piranja.si/)
2018 Europeans championships took place 4-9 September in Portoroz Slovenia a famous sailing spot and a well known touristic destination.
The weather was almost Mediterranean warm and sunny, except a short interval on Friday 7/9, but the wind was very light sea breeze from 6 to 9 knots. Due to this fact race comity had difficulty to carry out the racing program. So on Wednesday 5/9/ three courses were conducted with wind up to 8 knots and on Thursday 6//9 three more courses were conducted with lighter sea breeze. Unfortunately next two days the wind was instable and below the limit and so it was impossible to conduct more courses. So finally the Championship ended with 6 races on Saturday morning.
20 participants from 8 countries (Slovenia, Greece, France, Italy, Sweden, Croatia, Poland and Canada) raced to this Championship in two categories A and C.
The sailor who dominated in the races was the French champion Alain Cadre which won all races in overall and in C category with his Gema prototype followed by Swedish Jonas Davidson who raced with his new experimental prototype. Matjas Puch, the young local Champion, took the 3 rd place in C category. In A category the Italian Ezio Ferin won the 1 st place followed by the Greek Petros Katsareas and Croatian Zelico Sdrock in the 2 nd ans 3 rd places.
On Saturday after the end of the Championship the classic Piranja long distance regatta took place where raced 37 participants from 7 countries with any kind of windsurfing boards. Again in this race division 2 dominated in the results occupying almost all the 13 first places in overall ranking and again Alain Cadre was the winner. Finally the program closed with a sup race.
The spirit was friendly and due to the very big efforts of race comity and the excellent work and hospitality of the club’s staff everybody left happy from the event despite the difficult wind conditions.
Following are the final results in European Champioships and Piranja long distance race.